The Springs Camp is held about 50km north of Orroroo, in the mid-north of South Australia.
The Shearers Quarters has a dining room, which will seat 16+ and an outdoor BBQ area with provision for a bonfire. The kitchen has two gas stoves and two fridges, a microwave, and is fully set up for large groups with cutlery, crockery and utensils. There is a handicapped shower and toilet in the main building and three showers and toilets at the back of the Quarters. There are 6 bedrooms (4 with 2 single beds, 1 with a double bunk and a single bed, and 1 with 3 single beds), sleeping up to 14 people. There is also a large outdoor sheltered area which can be used in inclement weather for a number of activities; outdoor dining, covered camping, etc. The lounge/dining room is air conditioned and the bedrooms have ceiling fans.
What you need to bring
- All meals, drinks & snacks. Make sure you bring all provisions, as there is nowhere to purchase foodstuffs. I recommend you plan your meals as a means of deciding what you need to bring with you. The closest shop is a 100km round-trip, so don't forget anything!
- Swag, bedroll and/or sleeping bag and pillow for the onsite accommodation. Each room comprises two single beds with mattress. Clothing appropriate for the forecast conditions and sturdy footwear, as well as a hat, sunscreen and sunnies. Make sure you bring warm clothing for observing. It gets bloody cold at night!
- TELESCOPE, cameras/videos, binoculars, charts, torch, etc.
- In the quarters - $38 per adult per night, $19 per child under 15, children under 5 free
- Camping - $25 per adult per night, $12 per child under 15, children under 5 free