This page lists key resources for the observation and analysis of variable stars.
- American Association of Variable Star Observers (AAVSO), the primary international organisation for variable star observers and data analysts.
- The AAVSO International Database (AID), the primary, central repository of photometric and visual variable star observations (magnitude estimates).
- Light Curve Generator, an online tool for viewing light curves from the AID.
- Variable Star Plotter (VSP), an online tool for dynamically creating finder charts for use when estimation.
- WebObs, for submisson of observations to the AID.
- International Variable Star Index (VSX), for information about identified variable stars.
- Variable Stars South (VSS), the organisation that promotes variable star research in the southern hemisphere.
- VStar, a desktop tool for variable star time series analysis for observations from AID and other sources.